Monday, June 3, 2013

Post-Philippines Evaluation

OML was pleased with our final deliverables; one of the core team members, Lance, actually made a point of printing out copies so that they could look them over. It was actually the greatest compliment they could have paid us, seeing that no matter how seriously we took ourselves, we were still college students. The students we worked with were incredibly bright and motivated, capable of a lot of what we did. I think we did manage to bring a third party perspective and impetus necessary to point out what needed to be changed.

Printed out versions of our final report 
I don't think that I had as much hard skills I was taking away as much as the relationships I have made through this trip. Both my team members and the OML board all are incredibly fun people to hang not to mentioned focused when it came time to work. I feel like I got a little too intense with work sometimes, but it was a learning experience.

I also saw how teamwork came together on this project. We had different members fill in different roles. Connie, for example, was able to flesh out a lot of the internal contents the team had discussed but had been unable to put into writing while Heena and I worked extensively on the Impact Assessment report that they could convert to an annual report (including the financial report) for donors. Another really cool instance of our team coming together was how the team though of the light being "an impetus for change" but Victor was able to wrap that not just impetus but spark (get it?) for change. 

Rewarding to work pretty holistically on their project and with any luck will be leading my own next year? Until my first actual book blog,

gunpowder <3

No comments:

Post a Comment