Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Four years after it all began

I'm re-reading the blogs from the years past and it's so interesting to hear what my thought process was like when I was younger. This desire for preservation of thought, coupled with a desire to become a better writer has fed my desire to want to restart blogging. While I have my own private journal, those have served and I think will continue to serve as a place where I do a stream-of-consciousness thought process but a desire to create a secondary, and slightly more polished versions of what's going on in my life will help me keep a "high-level" view of where things are and where I want things to go. 

I'm also hoping that by continuing to read books and blogging about then, it'll create this natural sense of practicing summarizing salient pieces of information and highlighting thoughts that I think are relevant/salient. 

I'm hoping that the first book I write about will be about The Circle by Dave Eggars, who is one of my all time favorite writers. His first book, Heart Breaking Work by a Staggering Young Artist inspired my college essay to Penn. This book I think is even better and hits on all of my favorite things - 

P.S. I'm blogging from a bakery/cafe outside of the Seoul apt and there is a homeless/drunken man at the front asking for help. He says he's looking for a saw to cut some chains with and the attitude that the store people are taking is actually quite funny - they are waiting for him to get tired and walk away on his own. They do not acknowledge him and he does not enter the store. There's a tangible level of discomfort in the store, but like Koreans do we look away from discomfort and hope that it goes away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment