Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Leisure Days Part 1

True to Penn's motto we've been playing as hard as we have been able to get around during our leisure days off work. Here are some of the things that we've done: shopping at Greenhills, shopping and eating at High Street, laser tag (4th place!), touring Tagatay (where we also went horseback riding), Karaoke after a nice dinner, and watching the Great Gatsby.

I don't have any pictures from shopping at Greenhills and the bruschetta featured in the last post was what we ate at High Street, but here is a picture of the team at laser tag. It wasn't too different from laser tag in the US. I teamed up with Victor who was boss at it. For future reference I think it's primarily about finding a good location that protects you and gives you a good shot at unsuspecting passer-bys. What I particularly found useful was a wall with a window that covered my stomach, the largest target. The only unfortunate part is if someone comes from behind...

Posing in our suits
We also went to karaoke at a place called Red box after a delicious dinner at a nice restaurant called People's Palace. I don't even have a picture of my favorite (pork belly cooked in banana leaf) nor can I recall everything we had that night, but here's a picture of my plate at one point during dinner. 
Catfish Salad, Pad Thai, and i can't remember...
We also had red curry and green curry, both of which were delicious! With unlimited rice, I just gorged myself with as much food as possible. After dinner, I felt so full, I felt sick. For the first time in my life, when offered dessert I couldn't eat it. To digest the calories, we headed over to karaoke where I lost my voice temporarily for the rest of the nights. 
Mango Jubilee
taking a short break

More to come in a couple of hours!


1 comment:

  1. fatty.

    haha jk <333 jelly of all the good food and fun, hehe.

    ReplyDelete